Sunday, May 6, 2007

coasting.. on the upward gain

Friday's prac was probably one of the stand-out best pracs we've had all semester.

I got stuck right into it and actively did what I could to make my lesson in lighting count for as much as it could - And I have to say, I never did realise how complex a filmset could be - and how important it is to be precise (and safety smart) in getting these things set up.

There are several ways to skin a cat, I'm fast learning, but the key here is forethought. You don't want to have to spend oodles of time fiddling around with exposures when so much of that can be solved by making sure the lighting both is adequate and appropriate. Since we'll be shooting mostly in the evening, it's going to be interesting to see how we go with creating that subtle moodiness.. and not tripping over random shit in the process.

Again, you can never be too anal about safety.

I don't particularly wish to walk away with multiple bruises to my skull from hitting my head on a stand, or poking myself inappropriately with something.

That sounded kinkier than it really needed to. Time to get some of this pre-production shizzle happening, methinks.

No comments: